FREAKISHLY EARLY PRE-SEASON TOP 25/MEN'S BASKETBALL
1. UNC...Hansborough, Lawson, Ellington...what more do I need to say?
2. UCONN...Thabeet will pace the Huskies to a Top 5 finish.
3. Michigan State...Must fight with the "Baby Boilers" for Big 10 crown.
4. Louisville...Rick Pitino returns with one of his best teams yet.
5. Pittsburgh...Cook's status will play a huge role in the outcome of Pitts season.
6. UCLA...Extremely talented freshman class should keep UCLA aloft the Pac-10.
7. Notre Dame...Harangody returns in hopes of leading the Irish to a Big East crown.
8. Purdue...The "Baby Boilers" are all grown up.
9. Texas...PG may be their achilles heal, but they are stacked everywhere else.
10. Gonzaga...Daye and Pargo are looking for a Nat'l, not WAC, championship.
11. Arizona State...Harden returns looking for a stellar sophomore campaign.
12. Georgetown...The Bulldogs need young players to step up.
13. Duke...Will they keep losing when it really matters?
14. Tennessee...Loss of Lofton hurts, but this team can more than make up for it.
15. Miami...Very intriguing team, are they the best team in Florida?
16. Florida...Speights? Who needs him? Donovan has plenty of talent.
17. Villanova...Return all starters from last year's suprise Sweet 16 team.
18. Marquette...Dominic James returns, hopes to lead Golden Eagles deep in the tournament.
19. Memphis...Rose, Douglas-Roberts, Dorsey all gone. Can Calipari continue to win?
20. USC...Mayo, Jefferson gone. No problem. Demar DeRozan steps into the LA spotlight.
21. Wake Forest...Freshman class combines with all starters from 17-13 team.
22. Oklahoma...Griffin passed on NBA riches for chance at tournament glory.
23. Baylor...Perhaps the most lethal backcourt in the nation is led by Curtis Jerrells.
24. Wisconsin...Bo Ryan always figures out how to succeed.
25. West Virginia...Losing Alexander was a blow, but Huggins will keep the Mountaineers going.
Watch List: UNLV, Ohio State, Davidson, Virginia Tech, San Diego, Syracuse, BYU, Saint Mary's, Kentucky, Minnesota, Kansas